Sycamore House Bed and Breakfast welcomes you. We are two sisters with a dream of building a home on the water and now we are ready to share our dream with you. Our house is a large, modern, energy efficient home located on Pigeon Bay in western Lake Erie. We designed the house so all bedrooms offer a view of the garden and the lake beyond it.
Situated on the outskirts of Kingsville, we are about 20 km west of Point Pelee National Park, the migration route for many birds. Click on the Link to learn more about what the Park has to offer.
Kingsville is the most southerly town in all mainland Canada. If having spring come a few weeks earlier and fall a few weeks later each year excites you, then Kingsville is the place you want to be. At Sycamore house you can sit in our covered interlocking brick patio and relax with a coffee or a glass of wine and enjoy the sound of the waves splashing on the rocks and stay outside just that little bit longer.
Only half the garden is on the same elevation as the house. The rest slopes down to the water and the armour stone break-wall below. Although a lot of work has gone into the garden, it is still a work in progress, especially the slope. Using armour stone, we had an S-path cut along the slope all the way down to the water’s edge. At the bottom of the slope there is a large rest area with a stone bench. Although accessible, we want to leave this part of the garden more natural and wild. We invite our guests to walk down the path and enjoy a quiet time, listening to the water while watching the ferry boat, fishing tugs and the occasional lake freighter come into Kingsville harbour. Please click the image below to view photos.
Location and Driving Directions
Our address, 577 Seacliff Drive, Kingsville, is a bit misleading because although our municipal address is on Seacliff Drive you will find us at the end of a long private lane that ends at the edge of Lake Erie.
We are easy to find however. We are located just behind Cindy's Garden, a well known and loved garden centre, gift and coffee shop in Kingsville.
- Starting from the 401 take Hwy 77 south until it becomes Erie Street.
- If you want to drive through Leamington continue on Erie Street until you get to Seacliff Drive and turn right.
- If you want to avoid the Leamington downtown area just turn right at Hwy 3. Stay on Hwy 3 until Graham Side Road.
- Turn left on Graham Side Road (south) until Seacliff Drive then turn right (towards downtown Kingsville).
- Look for Cindy's Garden Centre on the left and turn into their parking lot.
- There is a lane on either side of Cindy's. Take the lane on the west, the one with the cedar hedge.
- Drive to the end of the lane. We are the stucco house slightly to the left.
With few exceptions, the entire ground floor is available for your comfort and use. Our family room includes a wall mounted flat screen TV and a stereo system which combines radio, cassette and CD player. There are books and board games available and a comfortable leather couch to relax on. Or should you wish to, you are also free to use our treadmill and weights.
Right outside your bedroom is our kitchenette. It has a full size fridge and stove, a toaster, microwave and a Tassimo coffee maker. Although you are welcome to use everything, we do ask that you only use the stove for heating food you have purchased and brought home rather than the preparation of meals. The Tassimo coffee maker is well stocked with coffee, tea and hot chocolate drinks and at your complete disposal.
Both bedrooms are on the ground floor of our split level house. Each room has a private entrance and easy 2 and 3 step walk-up to the parking spaces on the upper level. A covered patio runs the length of the house and invites guests to sit outside even on rainy days or to watch the stars at night.
We usually set a fresh pot of coffee or tea on the counter outside your door in the morning so that you can help yourselves to a hot cup while you are getting ready.
The Green Pheasant Room with its more earthy tones and solid cherry wood ‘cannonball’ queen bed gives the room a feeling of early Canadiana but the all white linen, duvet and cover say modern luxury. The room has a double closet with lots of storage space, a wire frame storage drawer unit, and extra pillows and a blanket. A bench at the foot of the bed is there for your luggage. The side table has a reading light and a clock radio. A small table and 2 wicker chairs invite you to sit by the window and enjoy the view of the garden and the lake beyond, while a rocking chair next to the bookcase of novels provides a different invitation.
The Blue Sky Room has serene aqua-blue walls, all-white furnishings and all-white linen. A small table and white wicker chair wait at the window for you to sit and enjoy the view of the garden and lake or you can pick a novel from the bookcase and enjoy a relaxing read. The room’s closet has extra pillows and a blanket while the small bedside table holds a clock radio and reading lamp. A white bench at the foot of the bed can be used as a luggage rack.
You can also call either Maria or Giovanna at 519 733-2408 to make a reservation or email Maria at: email@example.com
Reservation and Cancellation Policy
- For price and room details click on BBCanada link.
- When using the BBCanada.com online reservation tool, please note that there is a minimal user fee.
- Payment is cash only.
- Check-in time is normally after 3:00 pm unless alternative arrangements are discussed.
- Check-out time is 11:00 am.
- A full breakfast is served by arrangement, anytime between 7:30 and 9:00 am. Arrangements for an early bird packed breakfast can also be made.
Rules and Policy
- This is a non-smoking house. No smoking anywhere inside the house is allowed. Smoking in the guest rooms will result in a $200 cleaning fee. Smoking outside in designated areas only is permitted.
- No pets.
- Rooms are not suitable for small children.
- A smoke alarm is installed in each room and in the common area outside your bedroom doors. If you hear an alarm please exit your room promptly via the door to the outside. We will meet you at the front door of the house. You will be advised immediately of the situation.
The owner cannot be held liable for any losses, claims, damages, costs or expenses arising out of any theft, accident, injury, death, damage, inconvenience or distress, whether or not arising by the negligence of the owners and the Guests hereby waive any and all such liability.